The definitive resource for building codes in the state of South Carolina!
The 2015 South Carolina Building Code is the essential guide for ensuring the safety, health, and welfare of the public in buildings at South Carolina. This definitive South Carolina code manual is based off the 2015 International Building Code from the International Code Council.
The International Building Code (also known as the IBC) is intended to preserve public safety in the building environment. The easy-to-use International Building Code benefits designers, architects, engineers, and code officials, while supporting the use of new technology.
Other South Carolina Code books by the International Code Council include:
- 2015 South Carolina Fire Code
- 2015 South Carolina Residential Code
- 2015 South Carolina Fuel Gas Code
- 2015 South Carolina Mechanical Code
- 2015 South Carolina Plumbing Code
- 2015 South Carolina Existing Building Code
About the International Code Council: The International Code Council (also known as the ICC) has the mission to provide high quality codes, products, services, and standards for the building environment. The ICC is member-based and has been committed to safety in building structures since it’s founding in 1994 as a non-profit organization. The ICC was founded by Building Officials and Code Administrators International, Inc. (BOCA), International Conference of Building Officials (ICBO), and Southern Building Code Congress International, Inc. (SBCCI).
International Code Council books applicable to the state of South Carolina include:
- 2012 International Residential Code for One- and Two-Family Dwellings®
- 2012 International Building Code®
- 2012 International Fire Code®
- 2012 International Fuel Gas Code®
- 2012 International Mechanical Code®
- 2012 International Plumbing Code® (IPC®)
- 2012 International Property Maintenance Code®
- 2012 ICC® Performance Code for Buildings and Facilities
- 2012 International Swimming Pool and Spa Code™ (ISPSC™)
If you’re in the state of South Carolina and you want to preserve the safety of your buildings, then be sure to buy the 2015 South Carolina Building Code right this moment!