Six-Minute Solutions for Structural Engineering (SE) Exam, 4th Edition
Targeted Training for Solving Structural Engineering Exam Multiple-Choice Problems
Six-Minute Solutions for Structural Engineering (SE) Exam Morning Breadth Problems contains 90 multiple-choice problems representative of the format and knowledge areas of the morning breadth exams for lateral and vertical forces. Problems present a range of SE breadth exam topics, including structural analysis of bridges and buildings, design and detailing of structures, and construction administration. Lateral force problems focus on wind and earthquake loads, while vertical force problems address loads due to gravity.
Six-Minute Solutions includes hints that provide problem-solving guidance when you need it. Each solution describes common errors so you can avoid choosing incorrect answers. You’ll learn accurate and efficient solving methods by reviewing each problem’s comprehensive, step-by-step solution. Solutions also frequently reference the SE exam codes and standards to help familiarize you with the references you’ll use on exam day.
Referenced Codes and Standards:
- AASHTO LRFD Bridge Design Specifications
- AISC Steel Construction Manual
- Building Code Requirements and Specification for Masonry Structures (ACI 530/530.1)
- Building Code Requirements for Structural Concrete (ACI 318)
- International Building Code (IBC)
- Minimum Design Loads for Buildings and Other Structures (ASCE7)
- National Design Specification for Wood Construction (NDS)
- Seismic Design Manual (AISC 341)
- Special Design Provisions for Wind and Seismic (NDS)