Targeted Training for Solving Civil PE Exam Structural Multiple-Choice Problems
Six-Minute Solutions for Civil PE Exam Structural Problems contains 100 multiple-choice problems representative of the Civil PE exam’s format and structural knowledge areas. The first 20 problems cover civil breadth exam structural topics. The remaining 80 problems cover civil depth exam structural topics.
Six-Minute Solutions includes hints that provide problem-solving guidance when you need it. Each solution describes common errors so you can avoid choosing incorrect answers. You’ll learn accurate and efficient solving methods by reviewing each problem’s comprehensive, step-by-step solution. Solutions also frequently reference the Civil PE exam structural codes and standards to help familiarize you with the references you’ll use on exam day.
Structural Topics Covered:
- Mechanics of Materials
- Member Design
- Design Criteria
Referenced Codes and Standards:
- AASHTO LRFD Bridge Design Specifications
- Building Code Requirements for Structural Concrete (ACI 318)
- Building Code Requirements and Specification for Masonry Structures (ACI 530/530.1)
- AISC Steel Construction Manual
- Minimum Design Loads for Buildings and Other Structures (ASCE7)
- International Building Code (IBC)
- National Design Specification for Wood Construction and Supplement (NDS/NDS Supp.)
- PCI Design Handbook (PCI)