The prefect reference guide for those working in the housing industry!
Residential Housing & Interiors is a comprehensive textbook that offers students a wealth of invaluable information on planning, decorating, building and landscaping a home. This textbook also offers insight into working in the housing industry, and is also ideally suited as an expanded teaching guide. The textbook also comes with a companion CD that includes more teaching aides and beneficial software. 589 pp.
- Chapters 21, 23, and 30 cover the practical aspects of choosing suitable housing.
- The Instructor’s Resource CD includes the entire contents of the Instructor’s Resource Portfolio plus the ExamView Test Generator Software all on one CD.
- The PowerPoint Presentations examine each chapter of the text, featuring the key points of each chapter illustrated with many photos and line art.
Table of Contents:
- Fundamentals of Housing
- Evaluating Floor Plans
- Living Areas
- Sleeping Areas
- Service Areas
- Wood, Masonry, and Concrete
- Metals, Glass, Ceramics, and Plastics
- Furniture Styles
- Furniture Construction and Selection
- Ceilings and Roofs
- Windows and Doors
- Stairs and Halls
- Electrical and Plumbing Systems
- Climate Control, Fireplaces, and Stoves
- Information, Security, and Home Automation
- Energy and Water Conservation
- Designing for Health and Safety
- Exterior Design
- Presenting Housing Ideas
- Computer Applications
- Careers in Housing
- Keeping a Job and Advancing in a Career