The newly updated 4th Edition of Residential Construction Academy: House Wiring
Residential Construction Academy: House Wiring gives all readers a concrete approach to teaching the most current electrical wiring practices in use in the housing industry. Like all books in the RCA series, House Wiring is based on Skills Standards that have been approved by the NAHB’s Home Builders Institute. The NAHB/HBI Skills Standards were developed by a board of academic and industry experts. Popular topics such as alternative energy systems and “green” coverage including sustainable building practices as they apply to house wiring are included in this new edition. This book is also revised to include the latest 2014 Electrical Code. An increased number of procedures help students to better understand common house wiring practices along with additional end of the chapter review questions that will help reinforce material covered to improve critical thinking skills. This teaching aid gives sections such as a “From Experience,” which addresses common scenarios and residential wiring practices and “Caution” boxes that emphasize the on-going importance of safety helps the student apply and retain what they have learned. An English and Spanish glossary is also included. 896 pp.
- Spanish and English glossary is included.
- “Caution” boxes throughout the book emphasize the ongoing importance of safety in every stage of wiring installation.
- “From Experience” section addresses common residential wiring practices and scenarios, providing the opportunity for readers to apply what they have learned.
- End of chapter task procedures are included to promote proficiency in both knowledge and the skills associated with the particular task.
- Additional updated end of chapter review questions reinforce material covered and improve student critical thinking skills.