The definitive reference for making money, managing risk, and leveraging relationships
This new book takes you on a clear path through the maze of running a construction business: how to make money, how to manage risk, and how to plan, organize and lead toward the achievement of your goals.
You’ll quickly see how to:
- Select the right projects to pursue and win the award
- Make money and account for the profits earned
- Understand the hidden details in contracts and insurance
- Handle setbacks from project issues and economic woes
- Choose a smart organizational structure
- Lead and motivate people
- Leverage strategic relationships
- Promote the desired culture for your company
This book teaches the business of construction, not methods of construction. It is written primarily for general building, institutional, governmental, commercial, industrial, entertainment, transportation, power, water/waste water and other civil projects. Essential reading for anyone who is in construction management or aspires to that role.
Author Tom Porter, a veteran construction industry executive and attorney, shares his insights and practical experience—providing real world solutions to the most common problems in the construction industry. 408 pp.