Now in its 5th Edition Principles of Air Conditioning
The updated 5th edition of Principles of Air Conditioning covers the fundamental principles of refrigeration and air conditioning, and also provides complete coverage of the principles of heating and cooling load estimating. This is an essential handbook for learning and developing the practical skills required in all areas of A/C applications; design, installation, sales, & service. The technical information presented is fundamental to all types of domestic & commercial systems, and the book also features a newly enhanced troubleshooting section that covers a wide range of common problems. 433 pp.
- Presents a concise introduction to the basic principles of air conditioning science, psychrometrics, load estimating for residential and commercial jobs, air distribution, controls, basic installation techniques, and zero pollution for both refrigerant and product.
- Representative computer commercial load program for AC loads, duct design and equipment selection; the latest solid-state including single-system, and multi-zone automatic pre-set thermostatic controls; thorough, accurate explanations of psychrometrics and the psychrometric chart; completed examples using both the ACAA’s Manual J forms, and the ARI forms
Table of Contents:
- Principles of Load Estimating.
- Air Distribution.
- Estimating the Residential & Commercial Load.
- Residential & Commercial Equipment: Types & Installation.
- Residential & Commercial Controls.
- Balancing the System.
- Troubleshooting the Air Conditioning System.
- The Metric System in Air Conditioning.
- Environmental Balance.