The newly updated edition of Practice Problems for the Civil Engineering PE Exam: A Companion to the Civil Engineering Reference Manual
Practice Problems for the Civil Engineering PE Exam contains over 750 problems designed to reinforce your knowledge of the topics presented in the Civil Engineering Reference Manual. Short, six-minute, multiple-choice problems follow the format of the NCEES Civil PE exam and focus on individual engineering concepts. Longer, more complex problems challenge your skills in identifying and applying related engineering concepts. Problems will also familiarize you with the codes and standards you’ll use on the exam.
Solutions are clearly written, complete, and easy to follow. U.S. customary and SI units are equally supported, and units are meticulously identified and carried through in all calculations. All solution methodologies permitted by the NCEES Civil PE exam (e.g., ASD and LRFD) are presented. Frequent references to figures, tables, equations, and appendices in the Civil Engineering Reference Manual and the exam-adopted codes and standards will direct you to relevant support material.
- Construction: Earthwork Construction and Layout; Estimating Quantities and Costs; Construction Operations and Methods; Scheduling; Material Quality Control and Production; Temporary Structures; Worker Health, Safety, and Environment
- Geotechnical: Subsurface Exploration and Sampling; Engineering Properties of Soils and Materials; Soil Mechanics Analysis; Earth Structures; Shallow Foundations; Earth Retaining Structures; Deep Foundations
- Structural: Loadings; Analysis; Mechanics of Materials; Materials; Member Design; Design Criteria
- Transportation: Traffic Analysis; Geometric Design; Transportation Planning; Traffic Safety
- Water Resources and Environmental: Closed Conduit Hydraulics; Open Channel Hydraulics; Hydrology; Groundwater and Well Fields; Wastewater Treatment; Water Quality; Water Treatment; Engineering Economics