Covers all of the mathematical concepts that technicians are likely to encounter in their everyday, on-the-job tasks
PRINT ON DEMAND
The 6th edition of Practical Problems in Mathematics for Heating and Cooling Technicians is designed to help users develop the solid practical math skills needed to succeed in the heating and cooling technology field. This newly updated and revised resource presents critical information in a straightforward, easy-to-understand format, and covers everything from basic arithmetic to using formulas.
Providing complete coverage of all of the mathematical concepts that technicians are likely to encounter in their everyday, on-the-job tasks, this handy reference is packed with hands-on exercises and important HVAC-R-specific terminology, as well as references to the latest technology, geothermal systems, and zone heating and cooling. Readers will gain a better understanding of the essential need-to-know math concepts, and also gain confidence in applying what they have learned immediately and effectively.
- Realistic drawings and illustrations foster learning by providing a visualization of problems and concepts presented
- Logical organization from basic to complex topics will challenge readers to stretch their knowledge without overwhelming them
- Unique chapter on billing offers the opportunity to learn and practice an important business skill that is often overlooked in similar books
- “Practical problems” enable readers to easily absorb the information and conceive of its use in the field
- A comprehensive glossary defines terms specific to heating and cooling, while conversion charts present critical field information at a glance
Table of Contents:
- Whole Numbers.
- Common Fractions.
- Decimal Fractions.
- Ratio and Proportion.
- Percent, Percentage and Discount.
- Direct Measure.
- Computed Measure.
- Stretch outs and Lengths of Arcs.