Practical Math, 4th Edition
Practical Math contains over 500 exercise problems
Practical Math contains a wealth of general math problems, practical math problems, and chapter tests that serve to introduce and allow review of the basic math principles and operations encountered on the job.
The book provides users with practical examples and industry-based applications that are designed to teach readers exactly why math skills are needed on the job. The step-by-step examples and selected math problems relating to specific operations are supplement by explanations of the mathematical operations.
- General math problems provide opportunities to practice basic math skills.
- Practical math problems involve math skills used on the job in areas such as carpentry, electrical, HVAC, plumbing, printreading, welding, boilers, and alternative energy.
- Each chapter ends with both a test prep and a chapter (summary) test.
Textbook CD-ROM Contents include:
- Quick Quizzes
- Illustrated Glossary
- Flash Cards
- Master Math Problems
- Media Clips
- Reference Tables
- Whole Numbers
- Fractions: Adding and Subtracting
- Fractions: Multiplying and Dividing
- Powers and Roots
- Ratios and Proportions
- Plane Figures
- Solid Figures
- Exercise Answers