Targeted Power Exam Coverage in One Easy-to-Use Book
The Power Reference Manual for the Electrical and Computer PE Exam is the best source for the information you need to pass the Power exam.
Developed for candidates seeking focused Power exam coverage, this comprehensive text aligns with and covers all the topics on the NCEES Power exam specifications.
Best-selling author, John A. Camara, PE, draws upon his professional experience and his years as an instructor to provide clear and focused explanations of the exam topics using step-by-step example problems. He also provides suggested references, time management techniques, and exam tips—all the tools you need to pass your exam.
Once you pass your exam, the Power Reference Manual will serve as an invaluable reference for your daily power electrical engineering needs.
The Power Reference Manual prepares you to pass by
- presenting 348 solved example problems that illustrate key concepts
- featuring 498 figures, 104 tables, 40 appendices, and 1,998 equations, making it possible to work exam problems using the reference manual alone
- referencing the 2008 NEC and the 2007 NESC for the most up-to-date code coverage
- including an easy-to-use index and a full glossary for quick reference
- recommending a study schedule, plus tips for successful exam preparation
Exam Topics Covered
- General Power Engineering: Measurement and Instrumentation; Special Applications; Codes and Standards
- Circuit Analysis: Analysis; Devices and Power Electronic Circuits
- Rotating Machines and Electromagnetic Devices: Rotating AC Machinery; Rotating DC Machinery; Batteries, Fuel Cells, and Power Supplies
- Transmissions and Distribution: System Analysis; Power System Performance; Protection