Stay on the leading edge of alarm system advances with the 2013 NFPA 72!
Alarm systems technology and features are continually advancing in response to heightened risk awareness and changing safety dynamics. The importance of protecting life and property is ever prevalent, and sophisticated technical advances have been developed to meet the new demands. To keep up with the latest in alarm systems, the NFPA 72: National Fire Alarm Code offers a wealth of information on technology- and research-driven changes that offer improved egress time and system reliability. The book includes a new Mass Notification Systems Annex that provides guidelines to facilitate fast, safe evacuation in emergency situations such as fire, terrorist attack, biological and hazardous chemical incidents, accidents, and natural disasters. This section was developed at the request of the U.S. Air Force. This important resource also includes:
Technology- and research-driven changes offer improved egress time and system reliability.
- Added requirements for new technology equipment, including video image smoke and flame detection, multi-criteria and multi-sensor devices, fire extinguisher monitors, and directional appliances
- New requirement to provide a Response Time Index for heat detectors
- New provisions for strobe synchronization when installing visible notification appliances
- New guidance on visual notification in large space occupancies
- Updated rules for spacing of smoke detectors in joist and beam and small room applications
- New requirements for household fire warning applications, including smoke alarms with voice and expanded smoke alarm coverage for larger size homes
Order your 2013 National Fire Alarm Code today. Approx. 266 pp.