Increase the effectiveness and service life of today's sprinkler systems with the 2008 NFPA 25 Standard!
Boost the service life and effectiveness of all types of water-based systems!
Prevent system failures with new industry best practices and new rules that are designed to ensure your water-based systems are ready to protect lives from fire! NFPA 25: Standard for the Inspection, Testing, and Maintenance of Water-Based Fire Protection Systems provides contractors, building owners, fire marshals and others with a comprehensive program to ensure that all waterbased extinguishing system components are in peak operating condition. Up to date with the 2007 NFPA 13 and 2008 NFPA 25 rules, the 2008 NFPA 25 also includes practical guidance on how to implement and monitor performance-based testing, subject to AHJ approval. The Standard provides coverage of what variables to take into account when adjusting frequencies, which factors to consider in the transition to a performance-based test program, and how to establish a failure rate, complete with suggested calculation methods and examples. 97 pp.
Important changes include:
- New component replacement testing tables for each type of water-based system
- Specific criteria quantify when to do main drain tests and direct the owner on how to find and fix the problem.
- First-time coverage of dry pipe system testing
- New chapter on water mist systems maintenance
- New impairment procedures requirement