The updated 2013 Edition of NFPA 14 - Standard for the Installation of Standpipe and Hose Systems
Use the revised best practices for standpipe systems in NFPA 14.
Follow the updated rules in the 2013 NFPA 14: Standard for the Installation of Standpipe and Hose Systems and improve fire protection and fire safety. 42 pp.
The 2013 edition includes important changes for system designers and installers, including:
- New requirements permitting express mains supplying higher zone standpipes to be designed with pressures in excess of 350 psi (24 bar) in accordance with their materials listings or as approved by the AHJ.
- Clarified requirements regarding standpipe system zones
- New requirements concerning standpipe systems with risers that terminate at different floor levels
- New and revised definitions for standpipe, horizontal standpipe, and express main
This widely used document is essential for system designers and installers and also important for insurance professionals, AHJs, and others.
Table of Contents:
- Chapter 1 Administration
- Chapter 2 Referenced Publications
- Chapter 3 Definitions
- Chapter 4 System Components and Hardware
- Chapter 5 System Requirements
- Chapter 6 Installation Requirements
- Chapter 7 Design
- Chapter 8 Plans and Calculations
- Chapter 9 Water Supply
- Chapter 10 Water Supply Testing
- Chapter 11 System Acceptance
- Chapter 12 Buildings Under Construction
- Chapter 13 System Testing, Inspection, and Maintenance