Stay up to date with the 2014 Edition of NFPA 130 - Standard for Fixed Guideway Transit and Passenger Rail Systems
NFPA 130: Standard for Fixed Guideway Transit and Passenger Rail Systems specifies fire protection and life safety requirements for underground, surface, and elevated fixed guideway transit and passenger rail systems including stations, trainways, emergency ventilation systems, vehicles, emergency procedures, and communications and control systems. This document pertains to stations accommodating only passengers and employees of the fixed guideway transit and passenger rail systems and incidental occupancies in the stations. 64 pp.
The 2014 edition has been updated with new provisions and many revisions that incorporate the latest industry developments, research, and technologies to help you work smarter and boost safety.
- New provisions allow elevators to be counted as contributing to the means of egress in stations.
- Revisions relating to escalators, doors, gates, and turnstile type for equipment
- Several fire scenarios have been added to Annex A to provide guidance on the types of fires that can occur in vehicles, stations, and the operating environment as well.
Table of Contents:
- Chapter 1 Administration
- Chapter 2 Referenced Publications
- Chapter 3 Definitions
- Chapter 4 General
- Chapter 5 Stations
- Chapter 6 Trainways
- Chapter 7 Emergency Ventilation System
- Chapter 8 Vehicles
- Chapter 9 Emergency Procedures
- Chapter 10 Communications
- Chapter 11 Control and Communication System Functionality, Reliability, and Availability