The updated 2009 Edition of NFPA 101 - Life Safety Code Handbook
All the practical insights and solutions for compliance in one complete sourcebook!
The 2009 edition of the NFPA 101 - Life Safety Code Handbook gives you access to the full LSC text, and also features insightful commentary, hands-on examples of code application and more than 400 helpful photos, illustrations and tables to help you grasp even the most complex provisions. With this invaluable sourcebook at your side, you’ll be able to avoid mistakes and ensure compliance. The Handbook offers clarification of new rules and provides you with practical examples that help you implement provisions or provide explanations to clients. Just open the Handbook to find everything you need to succeed on the job and maximize occupant protection in all types of structures. This is an essential reference for any designer, architect, engineer, contractor, consultant, or AHJ. 1392 pp.
Get up-to-speed on the new Code fast!
- Only NFPA’s official Handbook contains the complete 2009 Life Safety Code text.
- Authoritative commentary provides insights into the reasoning behind rules and presents hands-on compliance advice. Plus, it’s color-coded so it’s easy to distinguish from requirements.
- First-time commentary shortens the learning curve on new provisions concerning egress-related criteria for evacuation strategies and new escape devices, additional sprinkler mandates, inspection of door openings, door locking for patient protective needs, and 2-way communication systems in areas of refuge.
- Code text for new and existing buildings is presented side-by-side for easy comparison—this feature alone makes the Handbook a must!
- More than 400 2-color charts, tables, photos, and illustrations enhance your understanding of vital requirements.
- A handy chart makes it easy to see major changes that have been implemented.