Minimize fire and related hazards with this code!
If you want to stay compliant with the latest safety code changes, then you need to have the brand-new 2018 edition of the NFPA 101: Life Safety Code. It puts right at your fingertips EVERYTHING you need to know about requirements for both new buildings and existing structures.
Why put your occupants at risk? Why risk penalties from a failed building inspection? With the NFPA 101 you don’t have to! It covers everything you need: fire extinguishers … automatic sprinklers … smoke barriers … means of egress requirements … occupant loads …
What’s more, for the 2018 edition, the scope of NFPA 101 is expanded to include hazardous materials emergencies, injuries from falls, and emergency communications. Significant changes for the 2018 edition include:
- New requirements for hazardous materials protection of other than fire-related hazards (Chapter 8)
- A new reference to NFPA 4 for integrated fire protection and life safety system testing, and new provisions for risk analyses for mass notification systems (Chapter 9)
- Animal housing facilities added as special structures (Chapter 11)
- Added requirements for carbon-monoxide detection in new assembly occupancies and new residential board and care occupancies (Chapters 12 and 32)
- Added criteria for door locking to prevent unwanted entry in educational, day care, and business occupancies (Chapters 14-17, 38, and 39)
- A mandatory sprinkler requirement for all but very small new educational occupancies (Chapter 14)
- New provisions that permit health care and ambulatory health care smoke compartments up to 40,000 ft2 (3720 m2) in area (Chapters 18 and 19)
- Added requirements for bathtub and shower grab bars, which are then referenced by numerous occupancy chapters (Chapter 24)
- Added requirements for attic protection requirements that impact certain new hotels and dormitories and apartment buildings (Chapters 28 and 30)
- A new reference to NFPA 99 for medical gases in business occupancies (Chapters 38 and 39)
- A new Annex C that offers guidance on several NFPA® hazardous materials standards to assist users with the new hazardous materials protection requirements
Be sure your knowledge is up-to-date and your facilities meet code. Base your decisions on the 2018 edition of NFPA 101 and tackle safety challenges more easily and effectively than ever before.
The NFPA 101: Life Safety Code: 2018 Edition will keep you compliant with the newest safety code changes for new buildings and existing structures. Non-code compliance leads to heavy penalties and puts your occupants and others who use your buildings at great risk. Rather than paying those fines and facing those penalties, do yourself a favor and stay ahead of the curve and tackle necessary codes and standards from the start.
NFPA 101 lays out specific standards and codes for all types of buildings. From day-care facilities to hotels, to dorms and hospitals, it’s all here. Each section features information on:
- General requirements
- Means of Egress Requirements
- Special Provisions
- Building Services
- Operating Features
How does NFPA 101 help me stay code compliant?
Everything is covered in this book from fire extinguishers to automatic sprinklers to smoke barriers and special structures. Don’t let the weight and responsibility of safety codes get the best of you. By adding this book to your library and following the procedures you can rest easy at the end of the day. Take the anxiety of safety precautions out of your mind and let the NFPA 101: Life Safety Code 2018 Edition help you today. You won’t find a better guide to keep you accommodate safety codes!