Go beyond AutoCAD essentials to create amazing 2D and 3D technical drawings
AutoCADis the leading drawing software used by design and drafting professionals to create 2D and 3D technical drawings. Mastering AutoCAD and AutoCAD LT guides you through AutoCAD essentials using concise explanations, focused examples, step-by-step instructions, and hands-on projects for both AutoCAD and AutoCAD LT. 1,248 pp.
You’ll understand the basics of the interface and drafting tools, as well as how to effectively use hatches, fields, and tables.
- Details attributes, dynamic blocks, drawing curves, and solid fills, as well as exploring 3D modeling and imaging
- Explores the fully revised 3D rendering features and the new 3D Surface modeling tools
- Covers the new 2D features like the updated Hatch tools, object transparency and Isolate/Hide objects
- Discusses customization and integration, as well as useful tools and utilities
- Includes a searchable PDF of the entire book, a trial version of AutoCAD, and before-and-after tutorial files
Accompanied by a DVD with more than a dozen video tutorials, this book will help you master AutoCAD and bring your technical drawings to life.
Table of Contents:
- 1 Exploring the AutoCAD and AutoCAD LT Interface.
- 2 Creating Your First Drawing.
- 3 Setting Up and Using AutoCAD’s Drafting Tools.
- 4 Organizing Objects with Blocks and Groups.
- 5 Keeping Track of Layers and Blocks.
- 6 Editing and Reusing Data to Work Efficiently.
- 7 Mastering Viewing Tools, Hatches, and External References.
- 8 Introducing Printing, Plotting, and Layouts.
- 9 Understanding Plot Styles.
- 10 Adding Text to Drawings.
- 11 Using Fields and Tables.
- 12 Using Dimensions.
- 13 Using Attributes.
- 14 Copying Existing Drawings into AutoCAD.
- 15 Advanced Editing and Organizing.
- 16 Laying Out Your Printer Output.
- 17 Making “Smart” Drawings with Parametric Tools.
- 18 Using Dynamic Blocks.
- 19 Drawing Curves.
- 20 Getting and Exchanging Data from Drawings.
- 21 Creating 3D Drawings.
- 22 Using Advanced 3D Features.
- 23 Rendering 3D Drawings.
- 24 Editing and Visualizing 3D Solids.
- 25 Exploring 3D Mesh Modeling.
- 26 Using the Express Tools.
- 27 Exploring AutoLISP.
- 28 Customizing Toolbars, Menus, Linetypes, and Hatch Patterns.
- 29 Managing and Sharing Your Drawings.
- 30 Keeping a Project Organized with Sheet Sets.