The latest International Residential Code covers all building, plumbing, mechanical, fuel gas and electrical requirements for one- and two-family dwellings
The 2015 ICC International Residential Code (IRC) compiles all building, plumbing, mechanical, fuel gas and electrical requirements for one- and two-family dwellings in one convenient code. The regulations cover dwellings and townhouses up to three stories.
Now in its
edition, the 2015 IRC contains many important changes including:
- New fire ratings for common walls separating townhouses
- Changes made regarding the remodeling of an existing basement
- Ramps that do not serve the required egress door are now permitted to have a slope not greater than 1 unit vertical in 8 units horizontal
- Carbon monoxide alarms now require connection to the house wiring system with battery backup
- Revised lumber capacities have changed the span lengths for floor joists, ceiling joists, and rafters
- New sections and tables provide prescriptive methods for posts, beams, joists, and connections in deck construction
- Modifications made to the girder and header span tables
- A new section added describing rim board headers
If you work in residential construction you’ll need this 2015 edition of the IRC at you side to help you pass inspection. Avoid violations and order your 2015 International Residential Code today!