This standard is a must have reference for facility professionals, architects, designers, and code officials that need to stay up to date!
The ICC A117.1-2009 Accessible and Usable Buildings and Facilities standard contains specifications that are designed to make sites, facilities, buildings and elements accessible to and usable by people with physical disabilities. A wide range of physical disabilities are covered, including the inability to walk, difficulty walking, reliance on walking aids, blindness and visual impairment, deafness and hearing impairment, in coordination, reaching and manipulation disabilities, lack of stamina, difficulty interpreting and reacting to sensory information, and extremes of physical size.
This standard also includes new recreational criteria, and is a must have reference for facility professionals, building owners, architects, designers, and code officials that want to stay up to date with the requirements of this Accessibility Standard.
- Coordination of requirements for the various types of dwelling units
- Technical requirements for Type C (Visitable) Units added
- Variable Message Signs (i.e., gate information in train stations and airports)
- Better consistency of sign requirements regarding when raised characters and Braille are required
- Location of toilet paper dispenser (more design options, recessed fixtures addressed, single point of measurement, etc.)
- New chapter for a variety of types of recreational facilities