Contains four hundred and forty eight pages of printed exercises and six hundred and eight online support pages available with the access code within the book
Harnessing AutoCAD Civil 3D 2011 introduces students to the AutoDesk 2011 release of the software. This text features a series of strategically developed exercises that are designed to lend support to the more than 600 pages of online text. The online material emphasizes the industries common standards and contains all of the information that students need in order to learn the fundamentals of the most widely used civil engineering program in the industry. Content is provided in a straightforward, easy to follow manner, and the different tutorials and exercises serve to demonstrate how its concepts fit into the civil engineering design world.
This edition also features a super elevation calculator and editor, curve widening chapters, cross section sheets as layouts and different drawing projects. The processes for performing all tasks required to create 3-D objects are clearly shown throughout the text, so that students will develop a solid foundation of the subject matter. This book is an essential reference for all students learning the different phases of civil engineering, surveying and planning. 416 pp.
- A practical reference that has wide appeal to all engineering students.
- Organized into 14 chapters that have been subdivided into individual topic units so that students will get flexibility while also having a comprehensive reference for the subject.
- Makes an excellent transitional book for students who are making the switch from and no longer release software package to the 2011 release of AutoDesk.
- Contains 416 pages of printed exercises and 608 online support pages available through the access code within the book.
New To This Edition:
- Updated to cover the 2011 version of the software.
- Contains the super elevation editor and calculator.
- Contains 608 online support pages for student use.
Table of Contents:
- 1. Introduction.
- 2. Points.
- 3. Site and Parcels.
- 4. Surfaces.
- 5. Alignments.
- 6. Profile Views and Profiles
- 7. Assemblies and Corridors.
- 8. Cross Sections and Volumes.
- 9.Transitions, Superelevation, Intersections, and Roundabouts.
- 10. Grading and Volumes.
- 11. Pipe Networks.
- 12. Civil 3D Shortcuts.
- 13. Hydraulics and Pipe Design.
- 14.Survey Basics.
- 15.Survey and Transverse Adjustments.