Harnessing AutoCAD 2012 features discipline-specific exercises, step-by-step directions, and explanations with in-depth features taking AutoCAD texts to a new level
Harnessing AutoCAD 2012 is the newest version of the industry leader in AutoCAD texts. Continuing to provide the widest selection of discipline-specific exercises and projects for learning, this text teaches students how to use today’s leading desktop design and drawing software. The updated version includes many user interface enhancements explained in detail allowing students to design with efficiency and ease. These new features are shown in step-by-step illustrations with clear explanations. The enhancements include visual style, object visibility, object selection, snaps, solid object creation, parametric constraints, transparency, hatches and gradients, external references, 3D object snaps, and solid surface modeling. New tools are included for in-depth breakdown of 3D modeling and surface modeling to provide more flexibility in usage. Specific directions show how to link Table Data with spreadsheets, single cells or range of cells. Harnessing AutoCAD 2012 features discipline-specific exercises, step-by-step directions, and explanations with in-depth features taking AutoCAD texts to a new level. 1,200 pp.
- In-Depth Features: Provides thorough coverage of redesigned user interface and other productivity-enhancement features introduced in AutoCAD 2012.
- Illustrations: Step-by-step explanations and examples illustrate the new features introduced in AutoCAD 2012.
- Enhancements: Presents detailed explanation of new enhancements to visual styles, object visibility, object selection, object creation, parametric constraints, transparency, hatches and gradients, external references, 3D objects snaps, solid and surface modeling.
- How to Create: Step-by-step explanation for all the new and enhanced features of AutoCAD 2012.
- Directions: Step-by-step directions show how to link Table Data with spreadsheets, single cells, or ranges of cells.
- Exam Prep: Content is mapped to the Autodesk Certficiation Exams with eye catching icons for ease of identification.
New to this Edition:
- Changes in User Interface of AutoCAD 2012: Multiple user interface enhancements included in AutoCAD 2012 are explained in detail allowing the user to design with greater ease and efficiency.
- New Tools in 3D Modelling: In-depth explanation of new features introduced in 3D modeling and surface modeling provides more flexibility and increased ease of use.
- Parametric Drawing: Detailed explanation is included for the 2D parametric functionality, which has been enhanced in AutoCAD 2012.
Table of Contents:
- 1. Getting Started.
- 2. Fundamentals I.
- 3. Fundamentals II.
- 4. Fundamentals III.
- 5. Fundamentals IV.
- 6. Fundamentals V.
- 7. Dimensioning.
- 8. Plotting/Printing.
- 9. Hatching and Boundaries.
- 10. Block References and Attributes.
- 11. External References and Images.
- 12. AutoCAD DesignCenter.
- 13. Utility Command.
- 14. Internet Utilities and Drawing Sets.
- 15. AutoCAD 3D.
- 16. Rendering.
- 17. Customizing AutoCAD.
- 18. The Tablet and Digitizing.
- 19. Visual LISP.