Florida Fire Prevention Code, Sixth Edition
Includes the entire text of the NFPA 1: Uniform Fire Code and the NFPA 101: Life Safety Code with all Florida changes, additions, deletions, and exceptions.
Went into effect Januay 1, 2018!
The Sixth Edition of the Florida Fire Prevention Code brings together the entire text of the 2015 NFPA 1 Uniform Fire Code and the 2015 NFPA 101 Life Safety Code, and it clearly identifies all State of Florida changes with an FL in the margin.
The Florida Fire Prevention Code, Sixth Edition gives you fingertip access to current regulations pertaining to everything from smoke detection systems to industrial ventilation requirements.
With this code, you’ll be sure of:
This is an essential code for fire marshals, architects and engineers, building owners, and professionals involved with hazardous materials in the State of Florida.
- What tests to perform on emergency lighting equipment
- The egress requirements for day-care occupancies
- What regulations pertain to hazardous materials storage
- Sprinkler system requirements in all new buildings three or more stories in height
- Updated regulations governing carbon monoxide (CO) alarms in residential units
- Changes made to floor fire protection for new non-sprinklered one- and two-family dwellings
- New code that may require two-way radio communication enhancement systems
- New and revised provisions affecting health care occupancies
- Requirements for high-rise buildings and elevator use for occupant evacuation
If you need to know about fire prevention in the state of Florida, you need the Florida Fire Prevention Code.