The Electrical Safety Program Book keeps your workplace prepared and safe
Creating a safe workplace helps to prevent injuries, reduce service interruptions, protect capital investment, and increase operations uptime. Based on NFPA 70E and OSHA requirements, Electrical Safety: A Practical Guide to OSHA and NFPA 70E is a comprehensive overview of electrical safety in the workplace.
The textbook features chapters on approach boundaries, working on energized circuits, establishing an electrically safe work environment, and choosing and inspecting personal protective equipment. The information provided helps learners understand how to reduce risk and avoid electrical hazards in the workplace while still being productive, which makes this textbook a valuable training tool for trainers, contractors, and electricians in the field.
310 pp., 157 illustrations, softcover.
Learn to convert OSHA regulations into an effective working plan!
This book has been arranged in a logical order to make you aware of the issues involved and to gives guidance and resources to resolve these issues.
Chapters cover the following operational areas:
- The relationships of codes, regulations, and standards in the electrical safety process
- Checklists and site assessment to analyze tasks
- Selecting personal protective equipment
- Explanation of hazard boundaries
- Analyzing hazards
Plus administrative guidelines concerning…
- Electrical Hazards and Basic Electrical Safety Concepts
- Multi-Employer Worksites and Electrical Safety Programs
- Training of Qualified and Unqualified Workers
- Approach Boundaries for Shock and Arc Flash Hazards
- Establishing an Electrically Safe Work Condition
- Performing a Hazard/Risk Analysis
- Working on Energized Conductors and Circuit Parts
- Portable Electric Tools and Flexible Cords
- Choosing and Inspecting Personal Protective Equipment
- Guidelines for Common Electrical Tasks
Appendices provide hands-on examples so you can turn knowledge into action!
Chapters have corresponding appendices that expand on discussions and provide samples, procedures, task assessments, checklists, flowcharts, and a glossary. Plus, you benefit from specific guidance, such as an electrical safety program outline, hazard/risk analysis flowchart, lockout/tagout procedure and more.