McGraw-Hill Dictionary of Engineering a resource when taking the PE Exam!
This updated edition of the Dictionary of Engineering was derived from the world-renowned McGraw-Hill Dictionary of Scientific and Technical Terms, 6th
Edition, and is a vital reference that has been written in clear, simple language, ideally suited for both the general reader, as well as scientists, educators, and advanced students. This reference offers a wealth of essential information in a portable, convenient, quick-find format, and helps you stay up-to-speed with the current language of the various branches of engineering or gain an understanding of their key ideas and concepts.
The McGraw-Hill Dictionary of Engineering, 2nd Edition:
- Has been extensively revised, with 17,500 entries encompassing the language of engineering
- Includes synonyms, acronyms, and abbreviations
- Provides pronunciations for all terms
- Covers such topics as building construction, chemical engineering, civil engineering, control systems, design engineering, engineering acoustics, industrial engineering, information technology and computing, mechanical engineering, systems engineering, telecommunications, and thermodynamics
- Includes an appendix containing tables of useful data and information
- Is based on the McGraw-Hill Dictionary of Scientific and Technical Terms – for more than a quarter-of-a-century THE standard international reference
- Carefully reviewed for clarity, completeness, and accuracy, the McGraw-Hill Dictionary of Engineering, 2nd Edition, offers a standard of excellence unmatched by any similar publication. 642 pp.
Dictionary of Engineering - Table of Contents:
- How to Use the Dictionary
- Fields and Their Scope
- Pronunciation Key
- A-Z Terms