Design-Build Essentials is truly a design-builder's resource!
From a leading authority in the design-build movement, this practical, multi-disciplinary guide brings you all of the fundamentals that constructors, architects, and engineers must understand in order to mitigate risks, optimize results, and be successful in the design-build arena.
Design-Build Essentials is truly a design-builder’s resource. It addresses the fact that design-build requires the unique integration of both design and construction functions by featuring input from all of the various players associated with delivering a design-build project.
Opening with an introduction to the industry and fundamental distinctions of design-build, the book progresses to cover managing the design-build process, the integrated design build team, and concludes with a look at the future of the industry. 320 pp.
- Clear, straightforward, conversational writing style keeps readers engaged, while instilling need-to-know essentials of design-build.
- Case studies and real project examples from the top design-builders in the US offer insight into the real-world challenges and unique solutions associated with design-build project delivery.
- Industry Quotes from contractors, architects, engineers, and owners add credibility and currency to the book from an industry perspective.
- Mentoring Moments from recent college graduates working in the design-build environment provide a clear and direct link between theory and real-world experience.
- Take Away Tips provide practical advice that can be incorporated into design-build practice immediately.
If you want to know all about design-build, so that you can apply it in your company, this reference provides the complete oversight in an easy-to-understand format.