Learn from the mistakes of others instead of making them yourself!
Arthur F. O’Leary, FAIA, MRIAI, a 40-year construction project veteran, relates actual jobs gone bad from the world of construction, dealing with plans, extras, delays, interference, scheduling, change orders, defective construction, inadequate supervision, incompetent contractors and just about every other problem that could happen on a construction job. After you find out what went wrong and how it went wrong, you get a clear legal analysis explaining the tools and procedures to use to untangle the mess. For example, you’ll see how to use mechanic’s liens to your advantage, the proper way to use a bonding company, insurance coverage checks, contract preparation and negotiation strategies and much more.
Packed with real-life case examples describing nightmares like these:
- The mysterious retaining wall collapse.
- Earthquake damage or liable defect?
- The case of the fraudulent shop drawings.
- The contractor who hired his high school buddy.
- The corrupt inspector and the crooked estimator.