All the proven management tools you need to take charge of and operate a profitable and efficient construction firm!
Here is an incredibly thorough and complete “crash course” in the executive-level management of a construction firm. It follows a concrete set of essential rules and standard practices that have consistently delivered profits for other contractors.
Written by a veteran industry professional who holds a Ph.D. from the University of Florida’s M.E. Rinker, Sr. School of Building Construction, The Construction MBA uses “real world” case examples to show you
- How to adapt to the new, fast-paced business model of construction contracting while maintaining excellent safety and craftsmanship.
- How to use strategic planning to set goals and measure progress toward meeting those goals.
- How to focus like a laser beam on acquiring work that is profitable and well-aligned with your firm’s skills.
- How to create the best possible organization structure for the optimal use of your human resources.
- How to read financial reports like an expert and spot problem areas before they become disasters.
- How to position your firm on the “sweet spot” of the risk-reward curve.
Like the MBA program at Harvard University, this book makes extensive use of actual case studies to put all the theory into practical examples. But unlike the Harvard MBA program, you can easily get through this book in just a few weekends and quickly start cashing in on the insights and know-how you’ve mastered.
Table of Contents
Chapter 1: The New Business Model
Chapter 2: Corporate Objectives and Strategies
Chapter 3: Work Acquisition
Chapter 4: Operations Management
Chapter 5: Human Resources
Chapter 6: Financial Management
Chapter 7: Technology
Chapter 8: Good Operating Practices
Chapter 9: Summary and Conclusions
Appendix A: Case Studies
Appendix B: Digest of Additional Management Insights
Appendix C: Great Management Books and How They Apply to Construction Contracting
Appendix D: Management Parables