The newly updated 2nd Edition of Commercial Refrigeration for Air Conditioning Technicians
The 2nd edition of Commercial Refrigeration for Air Conditioning Technicians provides a solid foundation in comfort cooling that can be readily transferred to a broad understanding of medium and low temperature refrigeration equipment. Covering air conditioning systems of many types, including walk-ins, reach-ins, refrigerated cases, and ice machines, this book places emphasis on refrigeration in the food service industry, and features scores of practical tips that technicians can use right away in the installation and service of commercial equipment. The information contained in this useful and informative reference will improve technicians’ knowledge, efficiency, and effectiveness in commercial refrigeration and can serve as a permanent addition to the reference library in any truck or shop.
- This new edition has a fresh text design and is now 4 color which enhances photographs and line art. Text is also hard bound.
- Chapter 6 has a new section on electronics and Evaporator Pressure Regulators.
- Chapter 10, which underwent heavy revision, has a new section on electronic valves and controls and secondary refrigerant.
- Coverage is delivered in a fun, conversational, and easy-to-understand tone, with immediate and practical application to situations likely to be encountered on the job.
- “Rules of Thumb” for diagnosing service problems help prepare technicians for troubleshooting in those situations where factory recommendations and specifications are not readily available.
- Abundant diagrams and pictures illustrate key concepts, aiding visual learners in grasping the information presented.
- The back-of-book CD features animated versions of important concepts.
Table of Contents:
- 1. Refrigeration Principles.
- 2. Evaporators.Condensers.
- 3. Compressors.Metering Devices.
- 4. Controls and Accessories.
- 5. Walk-in System Sizing and Installation.
- 6. Refrigeration System Troubleshooting.
- 7. Supermarket Refrigeration.
- 8. Product Temperatures for Preservation and Health.
- 9. Motors and Start Components.Electric Control and Motor Troubleshooting.
- 10. Retrofitting.
- 11. Recovery, Evacuating, and Charging.
- 12. Ice Machines.
- 13. Successful Refrigeration Business Tips.
- Appendix A: Wirzs Rules of Thumb.
- Appendix B: Pressure Temperature (P/T) Chart.
- Appendix C: Troubleshooting Chart.