Secrets of finding, costing, documenting and claiming payment for every added delay and expense!
The 2nd edition of the Contractor’s Guide To Change Orders provides valuable guidance and working tools for increasing profits in the field. This single-volume workbook contains everything you need for advantageous, lean contract interpretation. You’ll learn important skills, such as how to uncover all the “hidden” cost items for which you are entitled to receive compensation. The expansive reference also contains a wealth of checklists, full-sized forms, step-by-step procedures, and word-for-word letters that combine to make up the blueprint for the successful submittal of change orders. 382 pp.
The Contractors Guide To Change Orders will show you how to:
- Pinpoint and assign dollar values to all extra-cost components, delays, interruptions and interferences.
- Define construction contracts that favor your interests.
- Uncover potential change orders in your contracts, bid documents, plans and specifications-before they “surprise” you.
- Negotiate and resolve change order disputes to your advantage.
- Manage your paperwork so nothing get “overlooked”.
- Speed up the entire change order process with proven countermeasures that prevent stalemates, letters that end procrastination, and follow-ups that get results.
- Prepare complete and legally airtight change order proposals.
- Get paid for time delays, rather than winding up with a “granted” time extension, when dealing with government agencies.
- Control and monitor your subcontractors, suppliers, architects, engineers and owners in a manner that best suits you!
- Strengthen your position when preparing for arbitration or litigation.