Part of a highly-praised series of bridge engineering books. Focuses on Substructure Design.
Bridge Engineering: Substructure Design features content culled from the acclaimed Bridge Engineering Handbook, and places a focus on the various components comprising and affecting bridge substructures. Coverage of many topics is discussed in detail, including bearings, piers and columns, towers, abutments and retaining structures, footings and foundations, and bridge hydraulics. Thorough references are provided throughout the publication, and other relevant topics studied in this volume include geotechnical considerations, such as field exploration techniques and site characterization, and designing bridges to minimize the potential for and damage resulting from vessel collisions. 272 pp.
- Addresses all aspects of substructure design for virtually every type of bridge
- Stresses professional applications and practical solutions
- Covers both traditional and new, innovative practices
Bridge Engineering: Substructure Design - Table of Contents:
- Piers and Columns
- Abutments and Retaining Structures
- Geotechnical Considerations
- Shallow Foundations
- Deep foundations
- Effective Length of Compression Members
- Vessel Collision Design of Bridges
- Bridge Hydraulics