Boiler Operator’s Workbook: A Competency-Based Approach for Success provides detailed coverage of all the latest information on safe, efﬁ cient operation of boilers and related equipment. This edition covers virtually all facets of steam boiler operation, maintenance, troubleshooting, efﬁ ciency optimization, environmental compliance, control systems, and safety. Each chapter includes a Knowledge Checkpoint for a thorough review and a Competency Checkpoint that provides both employers and developing boiler operators a clear method of documenting hands-on skills.
This book is written in a question-and-answer format to help individuals prepare for answering questions on a boiler operator’s licensing exam. A separate chapter is included with test-taking tips and sample tests. More than 1700 sample licensing examination questions from across the United States and Canada are included. This book is one of the most thorough instructional references covering boiler plant preparation, startup, shutdown, and emergency procedures.
• Boiler Theory and Principles
• Boiler Construction and Design
• Steam Systems and Controls
• Water Supply Systems and Controls
• Water Treatment Systems and Controls
• Fuel Systems and Controls
• Draft and Flue Gas Systems and Controls
• Instrumentation and Control Systems
• Boiler Operation and Maintenance
• Boiler System Optimization