The updated 15th Edition of Audel Questions and Answers for Electrician's Examinations
To pass your state and local licensing exams, you need knowledge and confidence. This comprehensive review guide gives you plenty of both. It’s packed with sample questions to help you focus your efforts, review material on all aspects of the 2011 National Electrical Code (NEC), the lowdown on business competency requirements, and tips for studying and test-taking that will help you conquer anxiety ahead. 336 pp.
- Learn the definitions, specifications, and regulations of the 2011 NEC
- Acquire test-taking skills with examples of questions and answers that are similar to the ones on the license tests
- Brush up on taxes, unemployment, workers compensation, OSHA, lien laws, and other aspects of the business competency exam
- Boost your confidence with studying and test-taking tips
A reliable and trusted resource for many decades, this newest edition delivers all of the vital content electricians need to made the grade and advance their careers.
Table of Contents:
- Chapter 1. Review Definitions.
- Chapter 2. Ohm’s Law and Other Electrical Formulas.
- Chapter 3. Power and Power Factor.
- Chapter 4. Lighting.
- Chapter 5. Branch Circuits and Feeders.
- Chapter 6. Transformer Principles and Connections.
- Chapter 7. Wiring Design and Protection.
- Chapter 8. Wiring Methods and Materials.
- Chapter 9. Batteries and Rectification.
- Chapter 10. Voltage Generation.
- Chapter 11. Equipment for General Use.
- Chapter 12. Motors.
- Chapter 13. Motor Controls.
- Common Symbols for Motor Controls.
- Chapter 14. Special Occupancies and Hazardous (Classified) Locations.
- Chapter 15. Grounding and Ground Testing.
- Answers to Questions 15-47 to 15-77.
- Chapter 16. Data & Communications Wiring.
- Chapter 17. Business Competency Exams.