Includes practical project focused how-to exercises where your students learn by "doing"
The Aubin Academy Master Series: Revit MEP 2011, is a concise manual focused squarely on the rationale and practicality of the Revit MEP process. Serving as the ideal reference for readers who want to learn how to successfully use Revit MEP, this book emphasizes the process of creating projects in MEP rather than a series of independent commands and tools.
The book offers readers specific goals that will enable them to complete their projects successfully, and introduces tools together in a focused process, with a strong emphasis on “why” as well as “how.” Readers will understand the value of each tool as well as its potential, and quickly become more comfortable with using Revit MEP 2011. The real life tested practical advice included in this book is designed to empower readers with the critical information and skills they need to create mechanical, electrical, and plumbing designs and calculations. 640 pp.
- Includes practical project focused how-to exercises where your students learn by “doing”.
- Focused on MEP Production so your students can learn to create a coordinated model and documentation set.
- Written by authors with real architectural and MEP experience who have over seventy five years combined building industry experience in Architecture, and MEP Engineering fields.
- Focuses on the “Why” as well as the “How” with equal attention paid the “why” of the software as to the “how”.
- Provides “Power User/BIM Manager” tips throughout.
Table of Contents:
- 1. User Interface.
- 2. Conceptual Underpinnings of Revit MEP.
- 3. Project Setup and Worksharing.
- 4. HVAC Load Analysis.
- 5. Duct Systems.
- 6. Pipe Systems.
- 7. Electrical System.
- 8. Working with Families.
- 9. Advanced Content Topics.
- 10. Coordination Tools.
- 11. Detailing and Annotation.
- 12. Plotting and Publishing.