Stay up to code with the newly updated ASTM C94 / C94M - 17 Standard Specification for Ready-Mixed Concrete
This specification covers ready-mixed concrete that is delivered and manufactured to a purchaser in unhardened and freshly mixed state as hereinafter specified. Requirements for quality of concrete shall be either as hereinafter specified or as specified by the purchase. In any case where the requirements of the purchaser differ from these in this specification, the purchaser’s specification shall govern. In the absence of designated applicable materials specifications, materials specifications specified shall be used for hydraulic cement, cementitious materials, air-entraining admixtures, supplementary cementitious concrete mixtures, cementitious materials, aggregates, and chemical admixtures. Except as otherwise specifically permitted, aggregate, cement, and admixtures shall be measured by mass. Mixers will be stationary mixers or truck mixers. Agitators will be truck mixers or truck agitators. Test methods for compression, air content, slump, temperature shall be performed. For a strength test, at least two standard test specimens shall be made. 11 pp.
- 1.1 This specification covers ready-mixed concrete as defined in 3.2.2. Requirements for quality of concrete shall be either as hereinafter specified or as specified by the purchaser. In any case where the requirements of the purchaser differ from these in this specification, the purchaser’s specification shall govern. This specification does not cover the consolidation, placement, curing, or protection of the concrete after delivery to the purchaser.
- 1.2 The values stated in either SI units, shown in brackets, or inch-pound units are to be regarded separately as standard. The values stated in each system may not be exact equivalents; therefore, each system shall be used independently of the other. Combining values from the two systems may result in non-conformance with the standard.
- 1.3 As used throughout this specification the manufacturer produces ready-mixed concrete. The purchaser buys ready-mixed concrete.
- 1.4 The text of this standard references notes and footnotes which provide explanatory material. These notes and footnotes (excluding those in tables and figures) shall not be considered as requirements of the standard.
- 1.5 This standard does not purport to address all the safety concerns, if any, associated with its use. It is the responsibility of the user of this standard to establish appropriate safety and health practices and determine the applicability of regulatory limitations prior to use. (Warning-Fresh hydraulic cementitious mixtures are caustic and may cause chemical burns to skin and tissue upon prolonged use.)