ASHRAE GreenGuide The Design Construction and Operation of Sustainable Buildings, 4th Edition
Packed with helpful information on almost any topic that should be considered in green-building design.
Whether you are an HVAC&R system designer, architect, building owner, building manager/operator, or contractor charged with designing a green building, ASHRAE GreenGuide aims to help you answer your biggest question, “What do I do now?” Using an integrated, building systems perspective, it gives you the need-to-know information on what to do, where to turn, what to suggest, and how to interact with other members of the design team in a productive way.
Information is provided on each stage of the building process, from planning to operation and maintenance of a facility, with emphasis on teamwork and close coordination among interested parties. This 4th edition of ASHRAE GreenGuide is an easy-to-use reference with information on almost any subject that should be considered in green-building design. The GreenTips found throughout this edition highlight techniques, processes, measures, or special systems in a concise, often bulleted, format. Also, information is provided in dual units “Inch-Pound (I-P) and International System (SI)” so that the content is easily applicable worldwide. References and resources mentioned are listed at the end of each chapter for easy access. 543 pp.
- Guidelines on sustainable energy master planning
- Updates on teaming strategies
- Information on how issues related to carbon emissions affect building design and operational decisions
- Strategies for greening existing buildings
- Updates on newly developed green-building rating systems and standards
- Additional information on building energy modeling and follow-up measurement and verification
- Compliance strategies for key ASHRAE standards
- A new chapter on water efficiency
- New GreenTips, including those with green strategies for chilled-water plant and boiler plant design