This is a reference specification that the Architect/Engineer can apply to any construction project involving structural concrete by citing it in the Project Specifications.
This document covers general construction requirements for cast-in-place structural concrete and slabs-on-ground. The first five sections cover materials and proportioning of concrete; reinforcement and prestressing steel; production, placing, finishing, and curing of concrete; formwork performance criteria and construction; treatment of joints; embedded items, repair of surface defects; and finishing of formed and unformed surfaces. Provisions governing testing, evaluation, and acceptance of concrete as well as acceptance of the structures are included. The remaining sections are devoted to architectural concrete, lightweight concrete, mass concrete, posttensioned concrete, shrinkage-compensating concrete, industrial floor slabs, tilt-up construction, precast structural concrete, and precast architectural concrete. 77 pp.
- Section 1-General requirements
- Section 2-Formwork and formwork accessories
- Section 3-Reinforcement and reinforcement supports
- Section 4-Concrete mixtures
- Section 5-Handling, placing, and constructing
- Section 6-Architectural concrete
- Section 7-Lightweight concrete
- Section 8-Mass concrete
- Section 9-Post-tensioned concrete
- Section 10-Shrinkage-compensating concrete
- Section 11-Industrial floor slabs
- Section 12-Tilt-up construction
- Section 13-Precast structural concrete
- Section 14-Precast architectural concrete