2023 National Electrical Code - Spiral
Edited by the electrical experts at NFPA.
Keep the latest edition of NFPA 70®, National Electrical Code® (NEC®), at your fingertips with the popular spiralbound NEC.
The NEC is the authoritative document addressing electrical installations in residential, commercial, and industrial settings. The 2023 edition represents a significant revision to modernize the code to reflect the rapidly evolving electrical landscape. Stay up to date as you design, install, and inspect with current requirements for wiring, overcurrent protection, grounding, and equipment.
The spiralbound NEC comes with a coated protective cover and multiple rings to hold pages in place. Essential for busy electrical professionals looking to work safer and more efficiently, the sturdy spiralbound format opens flat for convenient access to the content you need to reference for your projects.
The code you know and use—revamped to keep pace with ever-evolving electrical hazards and challenges.
The new National Electrical Code is revised and expanded to stay in sync with industry practices, emerging trends, and the development and introduction of technologies. The document is completely reorganized for improved ease of use and features an expanded Article 100 that consolidates all the code’s defined terms in one place to help you quickly locate critical NEC content.
Whether you are working with Class 4 fault-managed circuits or electrical systems operating over 1000 volts ac/1500 volts dc, you need the 2023 edition of the NEC to help you stay compliant.
Changes include new, expanded, and revised content and provisions for:
Don’t get left behind. Help usher in a new era of safety and give yourself and your team a competitive edge by upgrading to the 2023 NEC.
- All electrical systems, including the use and approval of reconditioned equipment, level/flat standing surfaces within the required working space for electrical equipment, servicing and maintenance of equipment, and opened electrical equipment doors that impede access to or egress from required equipment workspace
- Residential electrical systems covering ground-fault circuit interrupters (GFCI) for specific appliances, optional installation of receptacle outlets serving island and peninsular countertops and work surfaces, emergency disconnects of one- and two-family dwellings, the use of 10-ampere branch circuits, and an annex providing guidelines on the use of electrically powered medical equipment in homes and residential board and care occupancies
- Commercial/Industrial electrical systems accounting for everything from GFCI for specific appliances and the use of “replacement panelboards” to arc-fault circuit interrupter (AFCI) protection of sleeping areas of public safety and first responder facilities, disconnecting means in sight of luminaires using double-ended lamps to include LED type, and other considerations
- Alternative energy systems and energy management addressing the interconnection of distributed on-site power supplies with electric utility supplies, the delineation between storage battery systems and emergency storage systems, commissioning energy storage systems (ESS), photovoltaic electric systems, emergency management systems, load calculations for outlets supplying electric vehicle supply equipment, and solar photovoltaic and wind power electric systems on floating structures and in offshore locations
- Never covered before systems and equipment such as Class 4 fault-managed circuits, hazardous locations within commercial and industrial cannabis production facilities, equipotential bonding in and around areas with “splash pads,” insulated bus pipe/tubular covered conductors systems, flexible bus systems, germicidal irradiation lighting equipment, and more
For over 100 years, NFPA 70, National Electrical Code (NEC), has been your trusted source for the electrical information and requirements we rely on to build a safer world. Experience the code like never before by ordering your print 2023 edition and registering for digital access via NFPA LiNK®. (Spiralbound, 904 pp., 2023)