2022 NFPA 13 Automatic Sprinkler Systems Handbook
Help ensure you have the latest design and installation of sprinkler systems provisions, along with expert commentary and guidance from the fully revised 2022 NFPA 13 Handbook.
NFPA 13, Standard for the Installation of Sprinkler Systems, offers comprehensive criteria for the design and installation of automatic fire sprinkler systems and exposure protection sprinkler systems. The NFPA 13, Automatic Sprinkler Systems Handbook, assists users and enforcers in understanding and implementing its requirements and explaining complex concepts.
This essential water-based fire protection resource is a must-have for engineers, designers, contractors, inspectors, and authorities having jurisdiction (AHJ) operating in countries that adopt the standard or need to know how to apply its requirements. The only publication supporting NFPA 13 offering a summary of technical changes, the handbook is also relied on by sprinkler system professionals for best practices and advanced insights into proper design and installation procedures.
The NFPA 13 handbook includes the entire 2022 edition of the standard along with content and features to assist in using the standard more accurately and efficiently.
Whether you plan to use it as a companion to your copy of the standard or to access complete NFPA 13 content along with proprietary knowledge and clarifications you won’t find anywhere else, the handbook represents an exceptional value. Updated from the 2019 edition, all content and commentary has been written and edited by NFPA technical staff and nationally recognized subject matter experts.
NFPA 13, Automatic Sprinkler Systems Handbook details significant changes to the 2022 edition to get you up to speed faster.
- Summary of technical changes
- Hundreds of full-color photos, schematics, and detailed illustrations to clarify concepts
- FAQs from stakeholders working with water-based fire protection systems
- Ask the AHJ and Ask the System Designer features, which illustrate solutions to help avoid common errors
The NFPA 13 handbook is fully updated from the previous edition and offers coverage of notable revisions, including:
- Added requirements to account for the use of intermediate temperature residential and quick-response sprinklers in Chapter 9
- Modified ESFR sprinkler location criteria in Chapter 14
- Change to the process of determining if freeze protection is necessary to require referencing the lowest mean temperature for one day
- Rewritten and reorganized Chapter 25, moving to single-point density design options for new systems rather than the use of density/area curves
- New Chapter 26, combining special design criteria for storage applications
- Inclusion of new provisions for nitrogen generators and multiple-row rack depths, and supervision requirements for dry pipe systems