Stay up-to-code for family dwellings and townhouses up to three stories with the 2018 International Residential Code!
Introducing the 2018 International Residential Code from the International Code Council!
This code contains the guidelines you need for residential buildings that consist of one to two family dwellings and townhouses up to three stories.
Inside this new 2018 edition of the IRC are changes such as:
- The townhouse separation provisions now have the option to use two different fire resistant walls or common walls
- The most conservative Seismic Design Category (SDC) is now reflected by an updated seismic map
- A new map is now available containing reflecting less conservative Seismic Design Categories when Site Class A, B, or D is applicable
- Requirements for emergency escapes and rescue openings have changed being that they are no longer necessary in basement sleeping rooms with automatic fire sprinkler systems
- There are no longer exemptions fo interconnection of smoke alarms in existing areas
- And much, much more!
Overall you will find information on: building planning, design criteria, fire-resistant construction, light, ventilation, heating, minimum room areas, ceiling height, sanitation, toilet, bath and shower spaces, glazing, garages, carports, means of egress, window fall protection, smoke alarms, carbon monoxide alarms, foam plastic, protection of wood against decay, elevators, platform lifts, flood resistant construction, storm shelters, mezzanines, swimming pools, spas, hot tubs, patio covers, and more!
Moreover, there is information on foundations, floors, wall construction, wall covering, roof-ceiling construction, roof assemblies, chimneys, fireplaces, energy efficiency, mechanical systems, appliance installation, heating and cooling equipment and appliances, duct heaters, exhaust systems, combustion air, boilers, water heaters, hydronic piping, solar thermal energy systems, plumbing, water supply, sanitary drainage, vent systems, fixture traps, electrical requirements, electrical wiring, power and lighting distribution, devices and luminaires, and more!
The 2018 IRC also contains several appendixes for you to reference whenever you need to.
Preorder your copy of the 2018 International Residential Code today!