2018 International Fire Code
Order your copy of the 2018 International Fire Code today!
Introducing the 2018 International Fire Code straight from the International Code Council! This fire code is fully updated to meet the requirements of 2018. This is the code you need to ensure that any structures you are designing, building, renovating, maintaining, or using are safeguarded from any fire related hazards.
Inside this soft cover edition, you will find many updates such as:
- Gas detection systems requirements have been changed throughout code to be more reflective of the current state of the industry
- Energy Systems now has a whole chapter dedicated to it
- Group R-4 occupancies no longer require a manual fire alarm or automatic smoke detection system
- Colleges and universities now have Mass Notifications Requirements in the fire code
- Enhancement has been applied to fire watch requirements for construction and demolition activities
- Reorganization and enhancement of provisions for the maintenance of smoke and fire protection in Chapter Seven
- Illumination is now required for the exit discharge path of travel to a safe dispersal area for the public
- Areas with an occupant load of over 300 where alcohol is consumed now require sprinkler protection
- And much, much more!
In general, the 2018 IFC contains information regarding: provisions, definitions, requirements, emergency planning and preparedness, fire service features, building services and systems, the various means of egress, construction requirements for existing buildings, aviation facilities, dry cleaning, motor fuel-dispensing facilities and repair garages, flammable finishes, fruit and crop ripening, fumigation and insecticidal fogging, semiconductor fabrication facilities, lumber yards and agro-industrial, solid biomass and woodworking facilities, manufacture of organic coatings, industrial ovens, tents and other membrane structures, high-piled combustible storage, tire rebuilding and tire storage, welding and other hot work, marinas, combustible fibers, hazardous materials, compressed gasses, corrosive materials, cryogenic fluids, explosive and fireworks, flammable and combustible liquids and much more!
Order your 2018 International Fire Code today and get early bird pricing!