Based on the 2008 edition of the NFPA 70 National Electrical Code
The 2008 Oregon Electrical Specialty Code (OESC) is based on the 2008 edition of the NFPA 70 National Electrical Code and contains Oregon amendments.
Some significant changes include:
- Egress from working spaces around electrical equipment.
- Multi-wire branch circuit requirements for grouping and handle ties.
- Requirements for GFCI and AFCI protection techniques.
- Lighting and receptacle requirements in dwellings.
- Requirements for raceways in wet locations.
- Weather resistant and tamper resistant receptacles.
- Requirements for electrified truck parking spaces.