Update your current NFPA Standards with the most recent NFPA 851
Work with expanded safety criteria for hydroelectric plants in the 2010 NFPA 851.
NFPA 851: Recommended Practice for Fire Protection for Hydroelectric Generating Plants provides expanded safety criteria for fire prevention and fire protection. The information in this document includes recommendations for the purpose of safeguarding physical property and insuring continuity of power production.
An essential resource for those involved with the design, construction, and operation of hydroelectric generating plants, the guidance provided in this document covers general plant design, fire protection systems, and identification and protection of hazards.
The 2010 edition has been revised and also includes a new chapter on a fire protection design process. NFPA 851 also recognizes the use of compressed air foam systems and fast depressurization systems and provide recommendations on the use of these systems. 27 pp.
Table of Contents:
- Chapter 1 Administration
- Chapter 2 Referenced Publications
- Chapter 3 Definitions
- Chapter 4 Fire Protection Design Process
- Chapter 5 General Plant Design
- Chapter 6 General Fire Protection Systems and Equipment
- Chapter 7 Identification and Protection of Hazards
- Chapter 8 Fire Protection for the Construction Site
- Chapter 9 Fire Risk Control Program