The newly updated 2014 Edition of the NFPA 58 LP-Gas Code
The NFPA 58 LP-Gas Code provides users with reliable on-the-spot answers and solutions to Code questions and gives you all the knowledge you need to understand and comply with even the toughest rules so you can avoid dangerous mistakes and oversights and maximize safety. 133 pp.
This essential handbook provides you with a wealth of information, including:
- Expert commentary written by Code authorities
- Hands-on examples of how to apply requirements in specific scenarios
- Hundreds of photographs, illustrations, tables, and diagrams spell out concepts and aid comprehension.
- Seven supplements, including new supplements on preparing for natural disasters, propane tank tethering and seismic stabilization, and major changes to the 2014 LP-Gas Code.
- FAQs from the field provide answers to common concerns.
Sharpen your Code knowledge and gain the extra insights you need to:
- Satisfy DOT regulations for pipeline systems with 10-100 users served from one propane tank. This important coverage is now included in the 2014 NFPA 58, and the Handbook provides clear explanations to help you comply.
- Bulk plant and industrial plant definitions have been updated to clearly identify storage threshold at greater than 4,000 gallons water capacity.
- Container appurtenance requirements have been harmonized at 4,000 and less/greater than 4,000 gallons water capacity to better reflect container usage in the field.
- Container and valves often must be protected from vehicular impact. A new definition has been added along with extensive annex material to describe vehicular barrier protection.
- New requirements specify which personnel must be trained and in what topics.
- Requirements have been added for tank heaters and updated for vaporizers.
- Requirements have been added regarding corrosion protection for some underground piping systems.
NFPA 58 also covers a number of safety requirements related to:
- Container construction
- Piping design
- Separation of containers from homes, stores, schools and other important buildings
- Safe handling of liquefied petroleum gas during transfer between containers
Order NFPA 58 today to protect the homes, businesses and industrial settings you work on from leaks and explosions. (Softbound, 133 pp., 2014)