Update your current NFPA Standards with NFPA 255!
The 2006 NFPA 255 - Standard Method of Test of Surface Burning Characteristics of Building Materialsis referenced by the NFPA 101: Life Safety Code and building codes. This important standard contains the test procedure that should be used to establish the values associated with a material’s flame spread and smoke density indexes, when used as interior wall and ceiling finishes. This test procedure will accurately determine the comparative burning characteristics of the material under test by evaluating the flame spread over its surface to two known items. The smoke density is also recorded during this test procedure. Approx. 18 pp.
Technical changes in the 2006 edition address:
- Test equipment
- Conditioning of red oak used in the test
- Information to be included in the test report
- Advisory information concerning mounting methods
NFPA 255: Standard Method of Test of Surface Burning Characteristics of Building Materials, 2006 Edition - Table of Contents:
- Referenced Publications
- Test Equipment and Specimens
- Conduct of Tests
- Annex A Explanatory Material
- Annex B Guide to Mounting Methods
- Annex C Derivation of Flame Spread Area Formulas in Section 5.3
- Annex D Commentary
- Annex E Informational References