Learn all the steps involved of building over structures
Over Structures goes beyond the fashionable green roof movement and gives solid information on building accessible space, often as important public space, over structure. It gives brief coverage of the entire process, including collaboration and planning, and focuses on the technical aspects of these roof systems, their applications and their components. 304 pp.
Table of Contents:
- Chapter 1: Replenishing our Diminishing Resources: Integrating Landscape and Architecture.
- Chapter 2: Beyond the Property Line: Ecological, Economic, Spatial, and Social Benefits of Green Roofs.
- Chapter 3: Envisioning Green Roof Systems: From City Scale to Project Scale.
- Chapter 4: Green Roof Systems at the Project Scale: Site and Architectural Considerations.
- Chapter 5: Considerations in Developing Structural Systems for Green Roof Systems.
- Chapter 6: Component Parts: Inert and Dynamic.
- Chapter 7: Putting the Parts Together: The Design and Documentation Process.
- Chapter 8: The Bidding and Construction Porocess.
- Chapter 9: Minimizing Potential Mistakes: Understanding Design, Product, Warranty, Liability and Insurance.
- Chapter 10: Maintenance Requirements and Performance Evaluation.