This handbook is a thorough yet concise introduction to the world of carpentry and framing
The DEWALT Carpentry and Framing Complete Handbook offers a wealth of thorough yet concise information related to the world of carpentry and framing. Featuring powerful, full-color diagrams and an easy-to-understand writing style, this text is an ideal reference for instructors to use to teach students the basics of carpentry and framing. This book uses clear, straightforward, and accessible, text, accompanied by images and artwork and step-by-step procedures. Coverage begins with a discussion of house types and foundations, gradually progressing to more complex areas, such as wall and floor framing. The book concludes with a chapter on special topics, which includes an exploration of the construction of stairs, railings, porches, and decks. 224 pp.
- Clarifies unfamiliar terminology with a glossary in each chapter that identifies and explains new terms for that topic.
- Explains potentially confusing math concepts through clear example calculations that allow students to follow mathematically related carpentry problems to their solutions.
- Offers valuable information that extends beyond the basics with additional examples, span tables, and charts in the appendix, and notes, cautions, and tips in the sidebars.
Table of Contents:
- 1. Houses.
- 2. Foundations.
- 3. Sills, Posts & Girders.
- 4. Floor Framing.
- 5. Wall Framing.
- 6. Rafters/roof framing. Different roof types.
- 7. Special Topics.