The newly updated 3rd Edition Blueprint Reading for Electricians
Blueprint Reading for Electricians teaches you how to better learn to read and interpret blueprints through the eyes of an electrician. This updated 3rd edition, presents students and apprentices alike with the blueprint reading terminology and applications unique to the electrical industry. This specialized resource begins covers all the fundamental tools and basic sketching, and also includes coverage of views, plans, schedules and specifications.
This book also includes additional chapters covering the types of prints found in a set of construction drawings, and clear explanations of their relationships to various electrical installations. This comprehensive resource has been updated to reflect the very latest technology and industry trends and is ideal both as a training manual and reference guide.
- Links theory to practice through all-new additional Field Examples, offering added insight and practical tips to enhance the learning experience of the reader.
- Links theory to practice through Field Examples, which offer added insight and practical tips that will help the beginning electrical worker or student electrician.
- Enhances and illustrates important concepts with full-color photographs of construction sites.
- Offers comprehensive coverage by including need-to-know mathematical concepts, allowing readers to feel confident the book contains everything they need to learn and apply the material.
Table of Contents:
- 1. Drawing and Sketching.
- 2. Projections and Perspectives.
- 3. Related Math.
- 4. Scaling and Dimensions.
- 5. Construction Types.
- 6. Architectural Considerations.
- 7. Electrical Symbology.
- 8.Mechanical Symbology.
- 9. Hydraulic and Pneumatic Symbology.
- 10. Specialized Symbology.
- 11. Site Plans.
- 12. Floor Plans.
- 13. Elevations.
- 14. Details and Sections.
- 15. Schedules and Specifications.
- 16. Residential Print Reading.
- 17. Commercial Print Reading.
- 18. Industrial Print Reading.