Refrigeration and Air Conditioning Technology, 7th Edition
The newly updated 7th Edition of Refrigeration and Air Conditioning Technology
Item #: 9781111644475
Author: B. Whitman, B. Johnson, J. Tomczyk, E. Silberstein Publisher: CENGAGE LEARNING Manufacturer: CENGAGE LEARNING Manufacturer Item #: 9781111644475 Format: Hardcover
Construction Book Express and our suppliers are dedicated to providing quality products to our customers. We stand behind our commitment to quality with a satisfaction guarantee on every purchase*. If, for any reason, a customer is not satisfied with a product, they may return it within 30 days of the date purchased for a refund of the purchase price of the product(s). Returned merchandise must be in its original box, in new condition and include all instructions, and the invoice or packing slip.
*Exceptions: Videos/DVDs, audiotapes and software products (once opened), forms, documents, reports and downloads are not returnable.
Equip yourself with the knowledge and skills to maintain and troubleshoot today's complex heating, air conditioning, and refrigeration systems with REFRIGERATION AND AIR CONDITIONING TECHNOLOGY, 7th Edition. Now celebrating its 25th anniversary, this time honored best seller provides the exceptional hands-on guidance, practical applications, latest technology and solid foundation you need to fully understand today's HVAC service and repair, its environmental challenges, and their solutions. Focused on sustainable technology in today's HVAC/R industry with an emphasis on new technologies and the latest advancements in the industry, the 7th edition has been updated to include more on Green Awareness, LEED accreditation and building performances with two new chapters on Energy Audits and Heat Gains and Losses. This edition covers the all-important soft skills and customer relation issues that impact customer satisfaction and employment success. Memorable examples, more than 260 supporting photos and unique Service Call features emphasize the relevance and importance of what you are learning. Trust Refrigeration and Air Conditioning TECHNOLOGY 7E to provide you with clear and accurate coverage of critical skills your HVAC/R success. 1,536
This book details all of the information your students need on technician certification. The authors introduce all of the key organizations that support both voluntary and mandatory technician certification for the industry.
With the growing emphasis on Green Awareness and global warming, this book prepares your students with the knowledge they need. The book familiarizes students with key organizations and their present and future goals on how to ensure green buildings and green mechanical rooms throughout the country.
This edition's expanded section on Career Opportunity includes a comprehensive list of current career opportunities available in today's HVAC/R field.
To ensure your students have the necessary background and understanding, this edition covers SEER ratings in detail with designated chapters throughout the book.
Your students see the skills that they've learned put into actual practice. Real technician service calls featured throughout this edition provide a real-world quality to the text and put your students into a service mode of thinking. Students see the relevance and importance of the principles they're learning with these unique applications.
New to this edition:
A new chapter on Residential Energy Audits (Unit 39) provides the depth of information needed for successful analysis and work in this growing area.
A new chapter on Heat Gains and Heat Losses in Buildings (Unit 42) equips students with the background and skills to identify and correct the environmental challenges in today's structures.
This edition offers new insights and coverage of customer relations and the technician soft skills that play a critical role in customer satisfaction.
Placing importance on green awareness, this text covers advanced refrigerant leak detection, carbon dioxide refrigeration, newer alternative refrigerants, and as well as LEED accreditation and many of the progressive new technologies in use today in the HVAC/R fields.
New engaging DVD visually REINFORCES new topicS AND CONTENT FROM latest edition. A fresh, new 80-minute DVD, separate from the text's existing DVD set, introduces the new topics in this edition, using engaging memorable video examples. A new Student DVD option provides the full 7E DVD set in a convenient format with a student-friendly price.
Table of Contents:
1. Heat and Pressure.
2. Matter and Energy.
3. Refrigeration and Refrigerants.
4. General Safety Practices.
5. Tools and Equipment.
7. Tubing and Piping.
8. Leak Detection, System Evacuation and System Clean-up
9. Refrigerant and Oil Chemistry and Management-Recovery, Recycling, Reclaiming, and Retrofitting.
10. System Charging.
11. Calibrating Instruments.
12. Basic Electricity and Magnetism.
13. Introduction to Automatic Controls.
14. Automatic Control Components and Applications.
15. Troubleshooting Basic Controls.
16. Advanced Automatic Controls-Direct Digital Controls (DDC) and Pneumatics. .
17. Types of Electric Motors.
18. Application of Motors.
19. Motor Controls.
20. Troubleshooting Electric Motors.
21. Evaporators and the Refrigeration System.
24. Expansion Devices.
25. Special Refrigeration System Components.
26. Application of Refrigeration Systems.
27. Commercial Ice Machines.
28. Special Refrigeration Applications.
29. Troubleshooting and Typical Operating Conditions for Commercial Refrigeration.
30. Electric Heat.
31. Gas Heat.
32. Oil Heat.
33. Hydronic Heat.
34. Indoor Air Quality.
35. Comfort and Psychrometrics.
36. Refrigeration Applied to Air Conditioning.
37. Air Distribution and Balance.
39. Residential Energy Auditing
40. Typical Operating Conditions.
42. Heat Gain and Heat Loss in Buildings.
43. Air Source Heat Pumps.
44. Geothermal Heat Pumps.
45. Domestic Refrigerators and Freezers.
46. Room Air Conditioners.
47. High-Pressure, Low-Pressure, and Absorption Chilled-Water Systems.
48. Cooling Towers and Pumps.
49. Operation, Maintenance, and Troubleshooting of Chilled-Water Air-Conditioning Systems.
50. Commercial Rooftop, Packaged, Variable Refrigerant Flow, and Variable Air Volume Systems.
Refrigeration and Air Conditioning Technology, 7th Edition