Apply NFPA 601 to ensure personnel are qualified for the job.
NFPA 601: Standard for Security Services in Fire Loss Prevention enables you to better ensure that personnel are suitably qualified for the job by providing requirements for the selection, requirements, duties, and training of security personnel who perform fire loss prevention duties.
The Standard incorporates the most up-to-date definitions for the terms drug, hazardous area, and hot work, and contains important requirements that relate to the general duty provisions for security officers; specifically those requirements dealing with reporting for duty and fitness for duty.
The document also covers requirements pertaining to the awareness by the security officer of on-site processes or activities that involve hazardous materials and the use of material safety data sheets (MSDS) and other applicable references to assist with the awareness process. 12 pp.
Three categories of security services are covered:
- Protection of the property
- Access and egress control
- Carrying out procedures for the orderly conduct of various operations at the property
Table of Contents:
- Chapter 1 Administration
- Chapter 2 Referenced Publications
- Chapter 3 Definitions
- Chapter 4 Management Responsibilities
- Chapter 5 Security Functions and Duties
- Chapter 6 Selection and Conduct of Security Officers
- Chapter 7 Training and Education
- Chapter 8 Communications